We know Valentine’s Day tomorrow, but is that as important as Galentine’s day? It’s debatable. Either way, you deserve to celebrate one or both right.
Galentine’s Day is from the very popular show, Parks and Rec. In it, main character Leslie Knope explain’s Galentine’s Day as, “Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and boyfriends at home and just come kick it breakfast style. Ladies celebrating ladies.” Whether or not you’re as dedicated to breakfast as Leslie Knope, you deserve to treat yourself and your girlfriends to a Galentine’s Day event.
This doesn’t mean you have to make a big deal out of the day, spend a lot of money and blow off all responsibilities. But it does mean you can spend some time of the day hanging out with your friends and just appreciating each other. You don’t have to do have a special day to do this but it’s an excuse that is totally valid.
So, if you’re looking for a way to celebrate yourself and your friends, look no further. Here are some ways to help make a last minute Galentine’s day a little more special.
- If you’re looking to do this Galentine’s Day in a true Leslie Knope fashion, you have to have a waffle bar.
2. Chocolate covered strawberries aren’t just for date night, they’re also for girls night.
3. It doesn’t feel right to talk about a girls night without the perfect movie. So here are a 100 options.
4. If a waffle bar isn’t your thing, or you just know you want a drink, try this mimosa bar.
5. Are you feeling crafty? But want to do a grown up craft that is just for you? You can’t go wrong with a personalized glass.
6. Garlic bread pizza, that is all you need.
7. Last but not least, you can watch the Galentine’s Day episode of Parks and Rec. Season 2, episode 16.
Let us know how YOU spend Galentine’s Day!
We are @star98radio everywhere!