The 2018 Winter Olympics began today and it looks like Idaho has a shot at getting the gold this year. There are athletes from different regions of Idaho competing on team U.S.A.
With 15 sports and 102 medal events, the Olympics will nothing short of exciting for 16 days. There is excitement all over the world for the Olympics and there’s a special energy in Idaho for those nine athletes representing our state.
These athletes were all born and raised in Idaho or graduated from a school here. We are so excited to see representatives from our state take on the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, Korea.
These nine athletes include:
- Chase Josey, Men’s Snowboard. Chase was raised in Hailey, Idaho.
- Breezy Johnson, Women’s Alpine Skiing. Johnson was raised in Victor, Idaho.
- Caitlin Patterson, Cross Country Skiing. Patterson was raised in McCall, Idaho.
- Scott Patterson, Cross Country Skiing. Patterson was raised in McCall, Idaho.
- Jessika Jenson, Women’s Snowboard. Jenson was raised in Rigby, Idaho.
- Nick Cunningham, Men’s Bobsled. Cunningham is a graduate of Boise State University.
- Sam Michener, Men’s Bobsled. Michener is a graduate of the University of Idaho.
- Hillary Knight, Women’s Hockey. Knight is from Sun Valley, Idaho.
- Simi Hamilton, Men’s Cross Country Skiing. Hamilton is a former member of the Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation Team.
Life is like a birdcage
It can hold a bird
But air flows freely
So do not fight against the bars
Simply become something
That is not trapped by them pic.twitter.com/051gkCZTnI
— Breezy Johnson (@_BreezyJohnson) January 22, 2018
Idaho’s athletes are ready to go in this year’s Winter Olympics. Who are you rooting for?
Let us know! We are @star98radio everywhere!