The weather is shaping up to look like spring and it’s not hurting our feelings. It’s time to bust out the mop and get to cleaning.
Spring is great because it’s finally that time when you can open the windows and finally air out the house. Get rid of the musty smells of winter and bring in some fresh air. Consider switching out your comforter for a quilt. Hopefully, you can also put those snow boots away. With spring comes a sense of freshness and clean slates.
It’s also time for spring cleaning. This can be a pain and get put off long enough that it becomes a pain and the work just keeps piling up. Get a head start on your cleaning this season so you can sit back and relax and get outside when the weather warms up.
If you don’t know where to start or need some inspiration check out some of these tips. And if you know any must have tips let us know in the comments.
- The first step is to declutter. You don’t want to organize and clean everything just to tear it all up going through everything. It feels good to donate so many things you don’t use and it’s an excuse to go shopping.
- It was a rough winter and your house might feel a little stuffy so check out if your air vents need to be cleaned. It can make a huge difference.
- You’ve done a lot of laundry and some of it was likely pretty dirty from playing outside in the snow. Give your washer a good cleaning and you’ll thank yourself later. It can’t hurt to clean up your oven or dishwasher while you’re at it.
- You’re cleaning might go by faster and feel more rewarding if you organize along the way. These hacks are genius and can make a big difference.
- These containers are prime for the kids that can find any excuse in the world to not do a chore. They have all the materials in one place.
- This is one of the best times to go through your closet. You’re packing up winter stuff and getting lighter clothing out. Go through and make an effort to find things you can donate somewhere like The Haven or the local Women’s Shelter. 7. Here’s some visual inspiration if you need it to get started.